To conduct an MDPI assessment, the examiner uses a set of materials provided by Math Diagnostics:
- User's Manual - this document offers detailed guidelines for administering, scoring and
interpreting the results of the assessment.
- Manipulative Materials: Counting Chips, Cuisenaire Rods, Real Coins, Base Ten Blocks,
Pattern Blocks and 2 cm Cubes.
- Aides: Hundred's Chart, Number Line, Addition and Subtraction Fact Charts, 2 cm graph paper, Calculator
- Activity Cards : the test items presented to and viewed by the student.
- Data Recording Sheet - used by the examiner to record student responses and the
examiner's notes on the observations made while testing;
- MDPI Analytics: An Excel Program that incorporates the findings of the MDPI into an online
format and which then applies interpretative analyses in order to generate a student's
Mathematics Learning Profile. Included among the worksheets are
- Mathematics Scoring Checklist, on which performance on curriculum topics are scored.
- Performance Characteristics Checklst - describes student approaches to solutions.
Highlights Of The MDPI
MDPI Test Kit and Components